The inspiration for these muffins really came about from my experience of using bananas and oats in many of my sweet treats… they go sooo well together. 🙂 For a really delicious breakfast why not try half a mashed ripe banana in your oats mmmm.
My Banana and Oats Muffins recipe for Passover Cleanse step 3
Ingredients to make around 9 muffins
- 190 g wholemeal (wheat) self-raising flour -sifted
- 80 g rolled whole grain oats
- 60 ml Agave syrup (mild)
- Pinch of organic stevia herb
- Pinch of Organic Himalayan sea salt
- 180 ml Organic rice milk
- 60g raw food grade and organic cocoa (cacao) butter
- 1 organic medium sized egg (optional)
- 225 g organic mashed bananas
- A teaspoon of organic dried Lavender
- A tablespoon of 85% dark chocolate broken into small pieces
- Combine and mix all dried ingredients (exc. lavender and dark choc.).
- Gently melt the cocoa butter in a double boiler or by placing in a bowl which is then seated in boiling water.
- Add and gently stir in the milk and agave syrup into the cocoa butter (for more raise you can add 1 medium-sized organic egg). Add the mashed banana, and combine thoroughly. Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until just combined. Line a 12-cup muffin tin or baking tray with paper muffin cases.
- Divide the batter into three portions and stir in the broken pieces of chocolate into 1 and the dried lavender into another and then divide the batter among the muffin cases.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 18 to 20 minutes.
health benefits of these muffins
- Whole grains or foods made from them contain all the essential parts and naturally occurring nutrients of the entire grain seed.The benefits of whole grains are many but most significantly are the fact that they have been shown to reduce:
- stroke by 30-36%
- type 2 diabetes risk by 21-30%
- heart disease risk by 25-28%
- Bananas have so many health benefits, too many for me to list here, so here is a link instead.
- Cocoa (Cacao) butter is the pure oil from the Cacao bean, I love it because it smells like deep, dreamy chocolate. Here are some of the benefits of this wonderful natural creation of God:
- As it is high in antioxidants it is effective in fighting free radicals which are the cause of many autoimmune and cancerous illnesses.
- Contains chemicals which stimulate happiness and increase arousal.
- Helps to aid mental focus and concentration
- Useful in managing and treating both diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Lavender is so calming and relaxing, whenever I take a bite from one of these muffins I can really smell and taste it and just breathe a deep sigh of relaxation.
So there you go, a nutritious yet very delicious alternative to regular muffins. Enjoy!
Blessings and shalom in Messiah.